Almost two...

I can't believe we are days away from my little baby turning 2 years old! Party planning is in full effect this week, food, decorations, plans, and cleaning.  I'm so excited for the party, this year there will be more kids and I think he will really have fun.  I'll post pictures that night!  We've been very very busy over the past few weeks with work and events.  Here's a little of what we've been up to!


We finally got a nice day out so we did much needed yard work and played.
   

The ups and downs of Kansas weather took a toll on Jaris and we had 
a double ear infection and nasty nose...oh how fun


After some antibiotics he was back to being his silly self again!
Early Sunday morning we head to get some of his fav donuts!


I am a HUGE fan of musicals.  Mary Poppins was my favorite movie when I was little, my parents had to watch it over and over again...it's still one of my all time favs.  Can't be bad with Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews, and "Stay Awake" from the movie is one of my favorite songs to sing to JT.  So I almost passed out from excitement when I heard the broadway production was coming to Kansas City.  However we couldn't find tickets but one of our friends had season tickets and couldn't make this show.  He posted it on facebook and thank goodness I checked it when I did because I was the first to respond.   The seats were fantastic, center 5 rows back!  It was a fabulous show and so fun to watch.  I loved it and it was fun to see it with my mom.  Wicked is coming back to KC in October and we are for sure going to see that one again, it's my favorite!


This was my favorite number, it's long but the tap dancing is amazing.


Saturday night my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  The entire family surprised them with dinner at the Capital Grille on the Plaza.  There was no way we were taking JT with us, it is waaaay to fancy, so we got a little bit of a date night :)


I got to enjoy 2 FULL glasses of wine (I finished the first glass before I even got my salad...yikes), 
a fantastic filet, and cake without any interruption!  It was super super delicious.  Although I hate not putting JT to bed so I was anxious to wake him up the next morning.


And in between the spring game, baseball, softball, relays, gym class, Taylor visiting, and running all over the place, we even got some play time in!


Saturday while I was at work, Brett and JT did a little shopping and apparently couldn't leave without a cowboy hat lol.  He loves it and looks adorable. He's so funny!






Okay gotta go clean!

Comments

Popular Posts