Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving catch up...

 This year for Thanksgiving things were a little different.  My parents and sister went to Michigan to visit my other sister so my grandparents came down from Iowa.  We also had Brett's grandma and Stephanie who couldn't make it to Tulsa.  This would be my first time hosting Thanksgiving and the thought of cooking a turkey was terrifying.  
The day before I started to not feel well and by early evening I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  What made it worse was that Brett was at Johnny's for the annual Turkey Bowl so I was by myself, cleaning, cooking, decorating, and taking care of Jaris.   My temperature went from 99 to 102.6 within an hour and my body was so achy I could hardly move.  It was awful.  I finally got to bed around 2 am and woke up around 8am to start prep.  I didn't have a temp anymore but I didn't feel any better.  I thought Brett would be back from the Turkey Bowl football game in time to do the turkey but he wasn't.  So I cleaned it out (gross), basted it in butter, threw some seasoning on it, put it in the turkey bag with some broth, put it in the oven, and crossed my fingers!  A few hours later all the sides came out great and the turkey was PERFECT! I was so excited, exhausted but excited.

 I started to feel a little better that night but over the next few days my cough got worse and my voice went.  Just now have my voice back. And on top of all that Jaris was sick as well, he just finished his antibiotic...mommy and baby shouldn't be allowed to be sick at the same time!  AND I had 3 photo shoots that weekend...yikes.

I did not do any black friday shopping.  I'm sure maybe in the future I may do some but I'm not a fan of waiting in long lines or big crowds just to catch some deals.  So instead I did some shopping online and some more on Cyber Monday and got great deals without all the craziness.  We spent the rest of the weekend recovering from Thanksgiving and decorating for Christmas!
This past Friday Brett left for North Carolina so it was just me and JT.  After a crazy day at work we had a sweet dinner date at home and then I had to drive to the Sprint Center after the KU game to pick up product.  It was actually a really relaxing drive there and back, my music, up loud, and singing was a pretty good stress reliever! Saturday we went to the Lawrence Downtown Christmas Parade.  I was really excited for Jaris to watch it, he loves animals and he watched every single horse that came around the corner.  We had a great spot at the very beginning of the parade, with a drink and a cookie in hand he did awesome! I love the clydesdale horses with all the bells, they are so pretty!

   I somehow managed to get the perfect photo of his reaction when Santa came around the corner.  Cracks me up every time I look at it...I need to send it in somewhere, it's just too funny!


Sunday Brett got back so we went to the tree farm to find our perfect tree.  However, we didn't find one.  But at least we got the memories :)  We had everyone over for some of Brett's famous chili...chili dogs, corn bread muffins, and cookies were a perfect way to end the weekend!

 That's all for now!

No comments: