End of 2 months into 3 months.

 Oh goodness where to start?  We have been so busy since the 4th, every weekend we've had something to do.  The first weekend after the 4th we had a wedding to attend.  It was outside and may have been the hottest wedding I've ever been to.  I think I lost 5 pounds from sweating but thankfully the ceremony only lasted about 15 mins.  Jaris on the other hand did way better then me!  He didn't make a peep the entire ceremony and was happy during the reception and actually fell asleep for the majority of it (I don't know how he slept through the music).  We saw a lot of people from high school who hadn't seen Jaris yet so that was fun to watch everybody with him.  It was a late night for the little man but he did a great job.


I've been so busy with photo shoots and it doesn't look to be slowing down!  Just in the month of July I've had 2 weddings, 1 family, and a newborn shoot.  August I'll have one family session, a senior session, and a newborn.  September is one wedding and a newborn and in October one wedding.  Yikes!  Brett and Jaris will get some quality daddy baby time :)

Taylor has officially left us and settled into Michigan (insert super sad face).  I'm so happy for her and can't wait to get up there to visit and watch her play, I know she'll do great.  But at the same time I'm sad that I won't be able to just call her up and tell her to come over or meet for lunch and I'm even more sad that she'll miss a lot of Jaris' first year.  But we have Skype thank goodness!

Brett's knee is doing GREAT!  He no longer has to wear a brace unless he is in a crowded place where it could be bumped.  He is doing his physical therapy 2-3 times a week and he is able to ride the stationary bike.  AND most importantly he is finally able to get up with Jaris in the middle of the night without me...lol...

And speaking of Jaris he is doing awesome.  I could not have asked for a happier baby, I can't get enough of him.  He is great at holding his head up, he is really reaching for his toys when he is laying on his play mat and when we sit him on our leg he will reach for them on the table in front of him and pull them off.  He has really been sucking/gnawing on his thumb, sometimes I think he'll fit his whole fist in his mouth!  It's nice that we don't have to worry about a pacifier and he really uses his thumb to "self-sooth" so we'll let him do it for little longer ; ).    We've moved him up to a faster nipple flow so he is able to drink more before falling asleep which allows him to sleep more through the night! He had no trouble switching from slow to medium so yay for sleep!  I've started reading books every night while he eats, usually after one or two books he's almost done with his bottle so I'll sing him to sleep the rest of the time until he's out.  He is "talking" all the time and it's so cute!  I love when he's around our nephews Kaden and Brooks, he likes watching them and they love to love on him.  We got to Skype with my God-daughter Savannah tonight and she sang Jaris a goodnight song and she also sang "how much is that doggy in the window" to Maisy lol. I think that's about all on my little man for now, I can't believe he's 3 months already!  We are so blessed.

(don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of the blog!)




We named his little bird "Petey" and he loves talking to him!   And we are so over the hot weather and ready for fall!
  
                  This may be my favorite photo...
Watching mommy get ready for work in the morning!
This photo is a very close second!
He loves bath time and I love giving him his baths.
                       Talking with daddy and getting ready for bath time!
Dreamin' away :)


Daddy reading his favorite book.


I walked into the living room and they were both watching a car show...

Comments

Taylor said…
He is adorable! But your youtube videos are set to private so I can't watch them. :( Miss you guys!
miles3_17 said…
oh I love him! You guys are great parents already!!!

Popular Posts