4th of July

Every year for the 4th Brett's family heads to Harlan County Lake, just over the Nebraska border, to their aunt and uncles lake house.  The past few years Brett and I haven't been able to go and this year was no different.  We aren't allowed to put sunscreen on Jaris until he is 6 months old per his doc (and I think that's normal anyway...) and with Brett's knee being only a few weeks out of surgery we decided to stay home.   I can't wait to go next year, Jaris will be a year old which is a perfect time to introduce the lake to him and Brett's knee will be back to normal.
So Sunday we headed over to my grandparents for their annual 4th get together.  There is always way too much food and plenty of fun.  Jaris was SO good.  He was so happy all day long, before we left for the party he was sitting up in his boppy just being content and I was snapping away (shocker I know) when I caught this...

I had to make this super big because it cracks me up! Can't believe I caught it on camera!
Hope they stay this blue!
He was wide awake most of the time and during that time he was with all different family members and I never heard a peep from him besides his little laugh.  He took 2 bottles over the time we were there and slept maybe a total of 1 1/2 hrs.

Mommy needs a tan!
Brett & Taylor...My beautiful mom and my dad with Jaris
Great Aunt Jackie...Avery singing to Jaris
Danielle isn't actually sleeping...she just didn't want her picture taken....lol
Laughing at grandpa/my dad...LOVE this photo!
After everyone stuffed themselves full of food it was time for games!  It was sort of like "minute to win it" style games.  This one, everyone had one minute to stack 6 dice on a popsicle stick that you had to hold in your mouth and they had to stay on for 3 full seconds.
Dice game...My dad...uncle Brad...Brett
This one was fun!  Everyone was put into pairs (I got my sister Taylor) and two teams at a time competed to get 3 ping pong balls in the container.  One person threw and the other had to catch and the winner moved on to the next round.  I threw to Taylor the first round and we won (all those years of slow-pitch softball finally paid off ;)) and the next time we played Taylor threw to me and she sucked so we lost!

Getting ready for the ping pong ball toss
Very entertaining!
The next game was taking these two things of gum balls and having one minute to shake them from one end to the other.  It was quite entertaining to watch and Brett actually won...52.5 seconds!


My family goes all out on fireworks every year and last year they set them all off right on the street, cops stopped by several times lol.  This year they decided to go out of city limits to shoot them off.  Brett and I decided to head home instead of watch, Jaris was tired and needed a bath still so we called it a night.  I heard it was a great show, my uncles apparently bought "commercial" fireworks (stuff the city's use to put shows on) so I'm sad I missed it!

One tuckered sweet boy.
Monday I woke up around 7:30 feeling really light headed and really hot, I fed and put Jaris back to bed and within 5 mins of getting him down I was in the bathroom throwing up.  I don't drink nearly enough water...if any...and Sunday the only thing I had to drink was a pink lemonade with malibu...all day, that's it.  It was really hot out and I think over the course of the day I think I just got dehydrated or got a little bit of heat exhaustion.  Still felt a little light headed off and on all day, lesson learned...drink more water! Everyone was invited back to my grandparents house on Monday for seconds from Sundays feast but since I was a little under the weather we decided to stay home and grill out ourselves!

Can't wait for next years 4th! Hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend!

Read below about Jaris' 2 month check-up!


Comments

Popular Posts