Our first week home!

This first week home has flown by!  We are adjusting to life with a baby and so far we are doing good.  Our first night was pretty rough (which I was expecting) but we made it through.  Nursing has been a challenge since Jaris is tongue tied so at the hospital and our first night home we had been doing SNS feeding.  If you don't know what that is, it's a pain in the bottom.  So our second night we decided that pumping and bottle feeding would be better for everyone and it went MUCH smoother.  We had a doctors appointment Wednesday and he was still at the same weight as when we left the hospital, everything else was looking great.  Wednesday night was another rough night, he is just having trouble sleeping in his bassinet.  He sleeps great in my arms but 10 mins in to laying in the bassinet he starts to get fussy.  Thursday and Friday night were off and on, I generally fell asleep with him in the rocking chair or on the couch.  Our weekend was filled with visitors, Brett doing lawn work and...Mother's day!  Sunday I woke up with Jaris on the couch and Brett had brought home biscuits and gravy and for later a package of my favorite cookies :)  We had a cookout at Brett's sisters house and later that night my parents came over just to hang out for a little bit.  We had fun looking at baby photos of Brett and I, comparing them to Jaris.  Monday we had another doctors appointment to see if he had gained any weight.  He was born at 6 lbs 9 oz, left the hospital at 6 lbs 5 oz and the goal was to get him back to birth weight.  Well he not only got back to his birth weight, he beat it by 5 oz!!  Over 5 days he gained 9 oz, so I was excited.  Wednesday we go to have his frenulum clipped and hopefully that will make nursing a little easier.
Last night Brett, Jaris, and I went for our first walk.  We left Maisy behind because we walked to the grocery store to get a few things :)  It was so nice for me to get outside and out of the house, the weather was great and Jaris was wide awake the whole time and didn't make a peep.  He just looked around and took it all in!





Overall we are doing great, just adjusting and trying to get into a routine. He is a good baby and I love him to pieces.  We are blessed.

Comments

Lacy said…
He is soo dang cute. I am so happy for you guys...
Mrs. Thornton said…
He's just presh! :) so are you!!

Popular Posts