Latest Happenings...

The shower is over, the nursery is ready, the hospital bag is packed, I am ready, we are ready.  After the shower I got everything out of boxes, tags cut off, and everything organized.  We got the book shelf, bedding, and dresser the day after the shower so I was able to finish his room.  I still have a few things to put away but it's baby ready!  At my last doctors appointment my blood pressure was a little higher then they would like so I had to come back two days later and have it checked again.  It's high because of all my swelling, which I'm trying to take it easy but with the shower last weekend, getting the nursery ready and the house ready (I can't come home from the hospital to a messy house :)) and work, it's kind of hard.  It was lower at the follow up appointment so we'll just continue with the weekly appointments until he decides to make his debut!  Until then I'll just continue to feel like like this...



Haha I know that made you laugh ;)  Anyway here is the nursery...

Dresser/changing area...

 It looks perfect!

When he is born I'll take 3 or 4 close up photos of his features and hang them above his crib.

We got a great collection of books started thanks to everyone at the shower :)

From the door.


Two weeks ago mom and I went to see Rod Steward and Stevie Nicks.  My mom and dad were going to go but when I expressed my sadness that I couldn't see Stevie Nicks dad gave his ticket to me lol.  It was really cool to see both of them but especially Stevie, I'm a huge fan of her as an individual artist and as part of Fleetwood Mac.  Brett on the other hand had no idea who either one of them was...and that is sad :)  And I have no photos because my camera died.
Last Sunday Brett and Kelly ran the Lawrence Half Marathon.  About 6 weeks before that Brett hurt his MCL pretty bad so he wasn't able to train like he normally would have and then he was having pain in his shins the week before so he was kind of a mess!  He did great though and I'm so proud of him for sticking it out, it's waaaaay more then I could have done!







That's about all for now, just playing the waiting game.  Come on baby we couldn't be more ready!!

Comments

miles3_17 said…
Love the baby's room, LOVE the window hanging, love that my brother was so strong to do that race and end with a smile! Ready for my nephew to arrive!!!
Taylor said…
I see a "J" on that shelf... hmmmm! Name tease! :) Could it be Josh #3???

Can't WAIT to see pictures of that baby!
Melissa said…
You did a great job on nursery!! I love it! I also noticed the J lol And I got a great laugh at the picture of the michelin tire man...very funny Amber. =)

Popular Posts