Baby Shower!

I cannot put into words how thankful I am to have such an amazing family and group of friends.  My mom has kept the shower a secret the whole time so I had no idea what I was to expect...and she far exceeded anything I could have imagined.  The Dr. Seuss theme was PERFECT! When you walked into the room this is what you first saw...

...there was a "candy bar"...super cute!

This picture doesn't do these flowers justice, they looked like they were straight out of a Dr. Seuss book!

Diaper cake and really yummy cake :)

It was absolutely perfect and I was in awe of everything my mom had put together.

Everyone started to arrive so I spent most of my time greeting and being a social butterfly.  We had a great turn out, all the tables were full, we had sandwiches, drinks, and cake.  We had the Dr. Seuss cake (made by a woman in KC) and then my grandpa (who drove in all the way from Illinois to bring me his cake) made a cake for me as well.  His cake is sooooo yummy.  He made my first birthday cake (care bear themed ;)) and now is making my baby shower cake...crazy :) Anyway his cake is delicious and I'll be enjoying the leftovers!


(lots of photos and please excuse my swollen face)




 After eating and playing shower games we started to open gifts...



SO excited for this diaper bag...Petunia Pickle Bottom, so cute!

As I'm sure you can guess Brett is stoked about this gift...

Diaper wreath from Kelly, so creative and cute!

I'm in love with this gift.  It is already hung above his changing table and looks awesome.  The quote says, "I am your parent, you are my child.  I am your quiet place, you are my wild.  I am your finish line, you are my race.  I am your praying hands, you are my grace." Love love love it.

Finally some Husker gear!

We got all of the big stuff we needed and then some.  We made out very well and I can't tell you how loved I felt the whole day.  We are truly blessed to have people who care for us so much and love this baby so much already.  I'm beyond thankful.  Thank you to everyone who came...especially those from out of town who drove in just for this day.  Thank you to all sides of my family for your support and love.  And thank you to my friends who simply amazing!  Thank you mom for all your hard work in putting this together, it was perfect.

After, we had to take all the decorations down so my lovely sister decided to wear them and walk downtown looking like this...

She is special...

After today we pretty much have what we need besides a few little things.  We got our dresser in today and picked up the bookshelf as well.  I need to get curtains up and the bedding in and as soon as that is done I'll post pictures.  Right now it looks really cute though.  
Now that the shower is over I am soooo ready to have this baby.  I'm so excited to finally meet him and see what he looks like.  I can't wait for that feeling after seeing him for the first time.  I have an appointment this Wednesday and hopefully I'm dilated more then 1 cm.  I'll keep you updated!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." 
(Thought it would be appropriate to leave on a Dr. Seuss quote :))

Comments

Mrs. Thornton said…
I love the quote at the end :) So cute Amber.I am beyond excited for you guys.
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you liked it honey! It was a perfect day!!

Love you...Mom

Popular Posts