Amazing!

From this...

...to THIS...

That is amazing.  We had our 12 week appointment today and the main focus of this appointment was to get images to test for trisomy 13, 18, and down syndrome.  I also had to have my finger pricked (which hurt more than having my blood drawn and I never want to do it again :)) for a blood test.  These two test are about 95% accurate, we'll know the results in a few weeks but the ultrasound tech said from her perspective everything looks beautiful.  The test is called Nucal Translucency 
Up to this appointment I still hadn't felt pregnant so in the back of my mind I kept thinking that nothing was going to show up on the ultrasound but as soon as she put that thing on my stomach, there it was.  I just started laughing and saying "oh my gosh it's a baby!" I couldn't stop laughing!  It was so amazing to have an hour long ultrasound, we were able to see the baby move it's arms and legs, it had the hiccups, covered it's little face with it's hand, gave a big stretch, crossed and uncrossed it's legs...it was crazy.  All that movement and I can't feel a thing!
The baby was measuring 5 almost 6 cm and it's heart rate was 155.  I can't stop smiling :) That appointment was perfect and I feel so blessed.  
I'm so in love already.

As my best friend Kristy said this baby has my legs! :)

I love the little nose!


*Almost forgot...I wanted to make sure and write down a few things.
...still not one day of morning sickness...thank goodness!
...I'm not as tired as I use to be although headaches are becoming more frequent.
...I've been eating a lot of cereal.  Captain Crunch is my number one choice (with the berries of course :)) and Coco Pebbles is second.
I think that's it for now!

Comments

Kaci said…
I was just showing McKenna the baby pictures and she was just laughing! She was asking "Is it this tiny mommy", holding her hands out making a little cup. He he!

Popular Posts