Scout

 After losing Maisy in the beginning of October, we took a couple of months to recover and search for a new dog. We didn't want to wait too long, we are a dog family! Maisy was always "my pick" so this time it was Brett's turn to pick a pup. We both wanted a lab and he was set on a red lab. He searched and searched for breeders. He's picky and indecisive. He finally found a breeder he liked in Nashville and they had puppies available...including a red male which is exactly what he wanted!

We didn't tell the kids. Brett was going to fly to Nashville with Jaris and surprise him. The Monday before they were supposed to go, Brett got sick. Tuesday he tested negative for Covid but wasn't getting any better. So we cancelled their flights and I flew out on Thursday by myself. I told the kids I had to go out for work and wouldn't be home until later that night...my flight got back in around 8ish. 

I landed in Nashville, rented a car, and headed to the farm. This breeder has the most beautiful property, over 100 acres in Franklin Tennessee. The property has a stunning colonial farmhouse, multiple guest houses, barns, and horses. I was so impressed! The trainer gave me a tour, showed me how they do things, and I was just so blown away. 

Brett and I decided on the name Scout. He was an absolute angel on the plane ride back! Never made one single sound. I drove home and knocked on the door. The kids were so surprised! They were shocked that I had been in Nashville all day!

Brett still wasn't feeling any better and I had been sleeping on the couch since he started having symptoms (even after he tested negative). So when Scout came home I still slept on the couch. Let me just say...a sick/quarantined husband (who tested positive for Covid that Saturday), two kids, and a puppy (kennel training him...potty training him) and sleeping on the couch was no easy task. I was exhausted. Mentally and physically! It was a rough week!

We've had him for about 4 weeks now and he's 12 weeks old. He is such a good little guy! He is getting used to his kennel at night and potty training is getting better. He's a very patient pup. He doesn't jump when he's waiting to be fed, he doesn't bark (at least right now) he's very lovey, and we are smitten. 

Talking to the kids in the rental car in Nashville...they think I'm just working!

SURPRISE!






Comments

Popular Posts