Nebraska & Iowa Visit

With our upcoming move I took a few days to visit family in Nebraska and Iowa. The kids and I headed to Nebraska where my first stop was to visit my grandparents old farmhouse. I have such fond memories of this house. To this day I could map out the floor plan, I remember every detail. My grandma moved out after my grandpa died so they haven't lived there in years but I always drive by it when I visit. This time I had a project in mind and I needed a picture of a barn. I really wanted it to be their barn and luckily my cousin knew the family that lives there currently. I contacted them before we headed up and they were nice enough to let me wonder around. I'm a pretty nostalgic person so being there I got pretty emotional, and knowing it was the last time didn't help. I didn't ask/want to go inside the house just because I wanted to keep that memory preserved. However I did go in my grandpas workshop. Immediate sobbing ensued. Like...ugly cry head in my hands sobs. The smell immediately took me back and I could almost see him standing there working. I went into the big red barn which was terrifying as a kid but this time I spotted about 10 things I could've taken home to decorate with! I could've stayed there all day.




I took the kids to the park by the elementary school where my grandpa was principal until he died. They played at the park on the same things I played on when I was little, nothing had changed. It was so sweet.



Been down that slide 100 times! Burns in the summer!



I got cousin time and my grandmas Indian tacos...a win win for me.







We headed to Omaha to meet my mom and Iowa family at Vala's Pumpkin Patch. This place is awesome! There is so much to do and if so fun for both adults and kids. We watched pigs race, spent time at the petting zoo, raced a lot, rode the train, jumped on the pillows, ate, had a blast in the gigantic egg barn, and did some sports stuff. It was super fun!

















Such a great trip in both states, always great to see my family.

Comments

Popular Posts