Time Slips Away!

As always, life has been busy. Following Haiti and Landry's birthday we got back into the swing of things by taking advantage of the amazing weather the first couple days of February. Of course I had to get in Landry's 1 year shoot. This was a challenge, I can't make her laugh like Jaris and Brett do but Brett couldn't come with us so I was relying on JT. The hard part was carrying Landry, my camera, and my props to the location. Not an easy task but we made it work. My assistant did his job and the pictures turned out great.





We spent as much time outside as possible and a lot of time at Veritas basketball games.




Brett wanted to host the state tournament and worked really hard to make sure that happened. He got it and he did an amazing job. He pulled double duty as athletic director and coach. He was the first person there and the last to leave. He had so much help from parents and the entire school seemed to rally around the event. It was SO MUCH FUN. It was awesome to watch the students really get into each game and for the entire school to really support our athletes. I had to miss a few of the girls' day games but my cheerleaders did such a good job on their own. I really had an awesome team this year that could do what they were supposed to do when I couldn't be there. The boys played at night usually super late and let me tell you Landry did AMAZING. Even though I was the only that could hold her (nothing new) she didn't fuss, cry, or throw a fit...nothing. Jaris of course had a blast each night. Our girls placed 4th, not the finish they wanted but they played hard and had a good season. Our boys got to the championship game. Brett was gone all day for the day games and the kids and myself were running errands. All day I kept saying how I felt like it was going to be our night, it was our time. Last year we lost a heart breaker and I just felt like this years team was going to do it. And I was right! It was such a fun night, the crowd was awesome, my cheerleaders did an amazing job keeping them in it and when the buzzer went off they all stormed the court. What I love about our school is that it's all ages. So you had little brothers and sisters, kindergarten through 12th graders storming the court. It was awesome, and what an example to set for those younger kids. I'm so happy for Brett as a coach and athletic director to bring in the first state basketball title in Veritas history, while hosting! He's awesome.

They asked for JT to be in the picture, it was so sweet. Love those boys!




Jaris finished the second half of the basketball season. He did awesome and we are ready to move on to baseball. We got so lucky to get in with this group of boys, they are competitive and FULL of personality!



Jaris also got to throw out the first pitch for a KU baseball game this year! KU's current baseball coach surpassed Brett's papa as the all time winningest KU baseball coach. They had a small presentation on the field with Brett and Steph to recognize Floyd and congratulate coach Price. After that Jaris threw out the first pitch. He did awesome! It was so cute to watch him out there and before when he was warming up with the guys and coach. He loved it.

How stinking cute does he look?!



My mom, the kids, and I headed to St Louis to visit Danielle. We hit up the zoo and holy moly it was packed. It was the first super nice day of the spring and because the zoo is free everyone decided to come out. It was almost too busy and slightly overwhelming. Landry loved the penguins, you could get close enough to touch and they liked to splash you. She was cracking up. Jaris loved the sea lions show and the snakes of course.






We also went to the Magic House. Super cool place for kids of all ages, over 100 things/attractions in the house for them to do and it was really fun!







In other fun news, the Ballard's are moving back! Well..Topeka but that's much better then NC! They came into town when we got back from St Louis for the press conference and to do some house hunting. So lucky for us we got in some quality niece and nephew time!






We had a nice Easter (although we didn't have time to dye eggs #parentfail) at my parents house and my mother in law joined in. Jaris went on a fun scavenger hunt my mom and sister put together and got a ton of candy.











I got to join Jaris on his field trip again this year to my favorite place, Deanna Rose Farmstead. I love the 1900 era of one room school houses, general stores, parlors, etc plus all the baby goats and cows...I could live here. It's fun to get to watch him with his classmates.







We also got to host the junior and senior classes for their Night on the Town event. It's hard to do a prom when the graduating class only has 15 students so they pair the the junior class and start at one house for appetizers, head to another for dinner, and another for dessert. They take a limo and then head downtown. We hosted the dessert portion of the evening with and ice cream bar! It was super fun and I think they loved it!






Things to remember about Landry...

Her new thing is holding her arms out and doing the "come get me" gesture with her hands. So stinking cute.

Whenever one of us is laying on the ground she will come over and plop her head down on your belly and lay comfortably.

Lets out a little giggle every time I lay her down for bed and she gets her blanket.

She gives the most amazing hugs! He little arms spread shoulder to shoulder and she lays her head down, ugh they melt your heart.

When I pick you up and you pat the back of my shoulder with your little chubby hand.

Any time you want me you come over and put your head between my legs and wrap you arrms around them...I love it.

You are super obsessed with Maisy right now. You like to tell her "good girl" while petting her nicely (which we work on everyday) but you also like to use her to help you up while grabbing her fur! And sitting on her if your favorite thing.

Your favorite thing to say right now is "hi" and it couldn't be more adorable.

You might not want other people to hold you but you have no problem walking around a restaurant or wherever all by yourself and saying hi to people.

And still obsessed with books.







Comments

Popular Posts