What we've been up to...

Jaris has started daycare!  We have been so blessed to have had my mom over the past year to watch Jaris everyday.  We could not be more thankful for that.  We agreed at one year we would put JT in daycare a couple of days a week to 1) give my mom a break and 2) to get JT around other kids.  We were blessed again with Mary Beth's amazing daycare.  I was TOTALLY at peace on the first day I dropped him off and even got an entire Facebook photo album of him having tons of fun.  Initially the plan was for 1 full day and 1 half day but because he was loving the play time so much we added another half day.  Love the atmosphere there and I couldn't be happier.

Jaris and I went to the park for the first time! My mom has taken him a few times during the week but this was the first time I had taken him myself.  Oh boy was it exciting :) He was way more interested in eating grass and bark than playing.  We did swing for a little bit and we went down the slide a few times but then we headed home and played fetch with Maisy.








As I was taking the picture he put this in his mouth and yes it was immediately removed lol



Um, can I have that toy...?

You gonna throw that?

Cute little Maisy
Jaris is walking all over the place now.  It's so funny to watch him try and run/walk fast when we play the "I'm gonna get ya" game, it makes me laugh every time.  He gets so excited and goes to the same corner of the couch and just waits!  I can't believe he is this big!











LOVES to take his clothes from the drawer and throw them.

In some early Mother's Day fun, my mom and I (along with some of her friends) went to the Miranda Lambert concert!  I've seen her before but I LOVE that girl so I was excited to see her again and she was awesome!  We also got a great little extra when the girls of Pistol Annie's joined her on stage.  If you haven't heard their album, listen to it!  Such a fun night!

How gorgeous does my momma look!?

My mom and my cousin Barb
My close friend Misty and her fiance met us for drinks






On actual Mother's day we had family over and grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob.  I love having people over so it was a perfect day.  My parents were out of town so my middle sister joined us and after eating we played a game of baseball! And on top of it all I got a great gift from my wonderful hubby :) 

Jaris "made" this for me at daycare! 

Rose frosted strawberry cupcakes..yummers

Stealing 2nd!



Tebowing!


Earlier on Mother's day Brett walked the hill! I was working graduation so I had to run up and wait for him to pass by so I could nab a picture.  I'm so proud of him and how hard he is working.  It's even harder now that we are super busy with everyday life and a one year old but he is doing it.  He will officially be done in December and we will be having the biggest party of all time :) So happy for him.


I think that is all for now, we leave for Texas on the 1st and I'm very excited to escape Lawrence for a few days!  Can't wait to see Texas friends and family and eat at all my old favorites!

Here are some randoms...








Mr. Snuggles

and finally...a Maisy pic 




Comments

Popular Posts