Landry is 6!

 Our Landry girl is 6! I need time to stop because I am loving every second of this age with her. 

I say this every year but I just don't know how to put this girl into words. She has always been pure joy and entertainment. I always check on my kids before bed and every single night I wonder what on earth I've done to deserve such good kids. And every year that goes by the better it gets. This last year with Landry was so fun. She has blossomed into this lovey dovey, sweet little compliment giver and peacemaker. She is always looking on the bright side of things. I could get upset about something and she's the first one to show me the silver lining and I wish I was more like that. I keep a section of notes on my phone where I write down things the kids say that I want to remember. Landry's is FULL of the sweetest things...

"Mom I want to be you, do you know why? Because you're the best mom ever."

"Mom, you know what? I've been thinking, since you've taken care of me while I had covid, you're the sweetest best mom ever."

"I'm excited to go anywhere with you mom." After I asked if she was exited to get get balloons.

"Don't forget mom, I said you're the best mom ever. And if you forget I'll tell you again."

"I just love my family."

Seriously though, does it get sweeter than that? Like her brother, she loves to cuddle with us and is always ready to share a blanket and catch a movie together. As long as she has some candy...girl is the candy queen. And after all the sweetness and snuggles she can turn around and be the toughest girl in the room. She can hold her own with the boys and her big brother. She's never afraid to get in the mix of things or try something new.  

One of my favorite Landry stories of this year was when she was at JT's football practice. The boys were going to play a knock around game for fun and half the team took off their shirts so they could be skins. Landry walked right up to Brett and tries to take her shirt off. He asked her what she was doing and she said, "I want to play football with the boys, I'll be skins too."  She has no fear and I love that about her. I love that she is my "take the top off the Jeep, blast the music as loud as it can go, and let the wind in my hair" girl. The music is never loud enough for her. 

She has formed a bond with Scout just like she did with Maisy. She was so close with Maisy and this last year she has struggled a few times without her. But she is obsessed with Scout, loves training him, and he respects her and their bond is adorable. 

I know I always say the same things year after year but she is a free spirit, unafraid, self assured, and it's so true that to know her is to love her. She will always put a smile on your face, she is always funny (and getting a little too quick with the comebacks), and still dances to the beat of her own drum. I'm obsessed with her. 

Landry, we tell you every night we love you to the moon and back but that doesn't even begin to describe how much we love you. You bring so much light into our lives. We love your free spirit and hope that stays with you forever. Never lose that ability you have to just jump into anything without fear. We love that about you. We are doing our best to raise you to be a confident and well adjusted kiddo and you are exactly that. Watching you grow has been the greatest blessing and we look forward to watching whatever God has in store for you...we know it will be big. We love you to the moon and back sweet girl. Never change.












Comments

Popular Posts