A Busy Summer/Start of School

Holy moly summer went super fast! And we didn't even have a beach vacation or a major move this year! 

School finished up and JT ended the year on the all A honor roll. We are so proud of how far he came over the year and how hard he worked. Academics don't come easy to him and he knows he has to work hard at it. So when he sees it pay off, it makes it that much better for us as parents. 

First and Last Day of 2nd Grade!

Happy Kid...Happy Parents!

A week or so after school was finished, Landry had her very first dance recital. I was super nervous that when she got up on stage in the pitch black and then the bright lights came on her, that she would freak out. She did the opposite! I was the backstage mom, just keeping one eye on her group and helping them on and off stage so I think that helped her out a little bit, but she did amazing! She LOVED it and wanted to do it again and again! Such a fun moment as her mom!

Thumbs Up Before Going On!

Backstage Mood.

All done!
The day after that Brett and JT left for Kanas so JT could do ALL the summer camps. KU baseball camp, Washburn basketball camp, and KU football camp. He stayed a week with my family and a week with the Ballard's. He also got a lot of good friend/old teammate time!










While they were gone Landry, Maisy, and myself spent a lot of time together. We hit up the movies, the mall, and a lot of park and outside time. Then I met with my mom half way to drop Landry off because I had to still work a few days. Then I flew up for 2 days to celebrate Mila's first birthday! I didn't get much time at home but I'm so glad I got to be there for her birthday and make her cake!





We spent the 4th of July in Addison at Kaboom town and then headed out the next day to T-Pa's house for some horse fun.






The rest of July was spent fishing, swimming, frog catching, family visiting, going to visit family, family nights out, and a surprise visit from the Hardesty's!


















A trip to the Aquarium with Granny and Aunt Penny.






Fort building. 








JT played summer basketball with a new team. They played great all season and the last game they had no subs (lots out of summer vacay) and JT rolled his ankle at the beginning of the game. He couldn't sub out and I could tell he was hurting, he hardly cries and he had tears in his eyes. Yet he played through the entire game. They ended up losing and his ankle was pretty swollen over the next few days but we were proud that he played through it.


Landry started gymnastics. It's been a little hit and miss...mostly with the gym we are at but with Landry as well. She really loved ballet and tap but isn't taking to gymnastics quite as well. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks!



Then JT started fall baseball. We want to try to keep in him in one sport per season (i.e. it's football season he should only be playing football) however we decided to do fall baseball to ease him into kids pitch so he's ready for the spring season.



And then just like that it was time for school.


JT had the Friday before Labor day off so we decided to head to home for a quick visit.  Landry and I drove up Thursday because JT had a baseball game that night. We stayed with the Ballard's when we got in. I picked up Brett and JT up from the airport that morning and after haircuts and lunch they headed to the Ballard's to watch Kaden's football practice. JT got to stay the night and then head to the football game with them!




We always make time for this kiddo!


I went with my mom, Mila, and Landry to my favorite place, Deanna Rose. We loved it and had fun. Later that night we met with everyone for dinner.






Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too great (allergies) so I headed to prompt care on Sunday while my dad, JT, and Brett went to hit some golfballs. Then my mom took him to the toy store. I took a much needed nap and then we headed downtown for dinner with Brett's dad.






I got a little more time at home this trip and JT got a pretty equal split...we headed home Monday morning because JT had practice that night. And then...Landry started school!


And here we are! 2019 School Year!

Comments

Popular Posts