Settling In

The house is unpacked and put away, the garage is organized, and we are officially in a routine. At least until I start work tomorrow...then things could get crazy! The house is put together for the most part, we still need a few things here and there. I still wonder how we got so lucky with this rental house. We had looked at quite a few but none of them had any extra space (office or toy room) so we would've been on top of each other. Not only do we have a bonus room between the kids' rooms but Brett has an office with french doors. This is such a huge help when the kids are crazy and Brett needs to be on the phone! 


I can't say enough amazing things about our neighborhood. JT gets home from school and our house and a majority of the neighbors houses are just a revolving door. Kids in and out of our house and then go onto the next. Riding bikes up and down the street, all the girls come by to love on Maisy, and Landry thinks she's hit the jackpot with all the kids who want to play with her. It's so much fun.
We've also been swimming a lot, we try to go right after we pick up JT from school. Get back inside for dinner, homework, and bed.





Because the switch from Atlanta to here happened so quickly we missed the cut off for Jaris to play flag football so he hasn't had practice after school or anything (which he isn't happy about) but I have loved having him home after school to spend that extra time with him before I started work. He has made this transition so smoothly. I'm honestly surprised. He is a pretty anxious kid when it comes to new things and the unknown so I was worried. But he is killing it! Is grades are great, he earned a Ranch Hand award, he's getting notes from the teacher in his folder all the time about how great of a listener and helper he is...I'm just so proud of him. Landry is Landry! She's in a big girl bed and doing great..next up - potty training!




We are loving our new town. High school football started last week and this week is homecoming. We'll be hitting up the parade and the game to see what it's all about. Right now it's one high school here so the entire town is ALL about the high school which I love. We've tried a few of the local restaurants and have really found our way around (which isn't hard to do in a small town).










I start work tomorrow and am looking forward to a schedule and routine again...I'm a creature of habit and being home is amazing but sometimes I need a more set schedule in my life! I am a little nervous how things will work without my support system to help me out with the kids. Brett can only do so much with the kids while working and he's gone a lot in the fall so we'll see how things work out!

Come visit soon!

Comments

Popular Posts