Changes

It's been awhile since I've updated (an entire summer and into fall) and holy moly there have been a lot of BIG changes! At the end of the school year Brett accepted a position with Adidas and ended his time with Veritas. This was super hard on all of us and his students. He continued to teach weights over the summer and I continued to coach cheer. We decided to transfer Jaris to public schools which was a big change for him. He was mostly excited that he didn't have to wear a uniform anymore! Luckily a few of his buddies from sports were in  his class so that helped make the transition smooth. We hit the jackpot with his teacher so things are going well so far.

Brett's position was a 6-12 month interim/training under his sister here at KU as an NCAA Licensed Coordinator. There was no guaranteed position at the end of that time so it was a huge leap of faith. Well almost 4 months in and there is already a job offer...

WE ARE MOVING TO GEORGIA!

I'm still processing it...and probably will be for awhile. Brett has been offered the position in the southern region, so we'll need to be close to Atlanta (the closest international airport). He'll be services schools in Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee.

We are a mix of excited, sad, nervous, stressed, and happy. This is a great opportunity for us but we are so sad to leave the majority of our family back in Kansas. My sister just moved back from St. Louis. Brett's sister (along with our nephews and niece) just moved back from North Carolina. I've moved away from family before...in fact it's why I initially started this blog but I didn't have kids at that time and it wasn't quite this far. I rely so much on our family here I'm not sure what I will do without them. Just a quick family dinner at my moms, catching my nephews games, everyone coming to JT's games, having so many babysitters close by, all these little things I take for granted everyday will change. That part makes me sad.

I keep telling Jaris that this is going to be an adventure that we get to go on as a family. Moving is apart of life and I look forward to exploring and falling in love with the south! Brett has to be down there by October 23rd. The kids and myself will follow once we find a home.

Brett and I just got back from exploring Atlanta. Everyone warned us about the traffic but I was just thinking it would be like Dallas, not a big deal...been there done that. Nope. It is comparable to LA traffic and it is awful! All of the cities I had wanted to visit were so congested, with traffic not just on the highways but bad in the cities as well...and with the tall trees and winding roads it was a little overwhelming. So the next day we went out to towns that were a little further out. Finally we found two towns we really liked but ultimately decided on the Cumming or Buford area. It was definitely an adventurous trip, a few tears shed (mainly from me), yummy food, and we had a lot of laughs. So now we are moving on to the next step and trying to find a place to live!

Prayers as we move forward in the next chapter of our lives!


Comments

Popular Posts