It's a girl!

I can't believe we will be welcoming a sweet baby girl into our family. I've always wanted a girl and I'm so pleased with they way God has planned it out for us. One of each. Boy first to be that older protective brother.


When I first found out I was pregnant, I immediately looked up the Chinese gender chart to see what it said. It was right with Jaris and so many of my friends so I went with it. I was going to have a hard time convincing Brett to have a third one if this was a boy so I was praying hard to have girl. And as always a healthy and happy baby! And according to the CGC, it was going to be a girl. 

This pregnancy we've had a few bumps in the road. I had some pain/cramping a few weeks back so my doctor did an unscheduled ultrasound. Turns out my placenta was low. I was told to take it easy, no heavy lifting, among other things . I'm not really one to "take it easy." Don't get me wrong, if I could nap daily I would but just like everyone else in this world, I'm busy. Between cheer practice, teaching them new routines, Veritas Fall Kickoff, Veritas volleyball, Veritas football game, having JT by myself the majority of the time, photo shoots, a concert, a wedding, and anything else in between, taking it easy was hard. A few weeks later I had another issue and went in for another unscheduled ultrasound. I was right at 20 weeks and wasn't supposed to have the anatomy ultrasound until 21 weeks. Thankfully this ultrasound turned out to be SUCH a relief and I'm really glad I didn't have to wait. I am fine now and the baby was great. My placenta is moving in the right direction. It's not exactly where it should be but she thinks by delivery it should be okay and I can avoid a c-section. I'm also cleared for normal activity and I'm cleared to go to Hawaii in November! I was really worried about that, if my placenta didn't move...I wouldn't be going and I would've been devastated. So glad everything is working itself out!

I told the tech that we were wanting to find out what it is if she can while checking to make sure we are okay. While scanning over the baby she passed the legs and I could tell immediately it was a girl. She moved over to another section quickly but I already knew, I had a huge smile on my face. A few minutes later she went back over to see and it just confirmed what I saw...I said, "it's a girl isn't it?" She said yes ma'am! I wish I had a camera on Brett's face. The "I'm in big trouble...and oh my gosh what is about to happen to my wallet" look was priceless! I could hardly contain my excitement! We had planned on doing a balloon release and finding out at the same time as family, but that went out the window when she scanned over the legs and I could already tell..oops. So we decided to do the picture above as our announcement.

I've had two names on my girl list for awhile...Landry and Breckyn. But Brett and I decided when we first found out we were expecting, that if it was a girl we would go with Landry Marie. I love the meaning of it and Brett likes it because of Tom Landry from the Dallas Cowboys but that's not where I got it! I also like the way Jaris and Landry sound when I say them together. Marie is my middle name as well as my moms. And I call Maisy, Maisy Marie all the time so I figured I should just keep the tradition going :)


We told family that night, everyone is of course excited. Jaris however had quite the opposite reaction. He had gone back and fourth about what he wanted but recently he was siding with Brett and wanted a boy. So when we told him, he was not a happy camper. Tears. It was actually hilarious! I knew it wouldn't take long for him to come around and by the next day he was asking if she could sleep in his room. When she would wake up he said he would tell her "shh...everything is okay." And then I melted. Now he's pointing out things she needs and keeps saying, "my Landry" which I love. He gets a kick out of talking to my belly and I need to record it but the way he talks is so funny. He asks her if she slept okay and then tells her that he loves her. It kills me!

Today we had our normal scheduled ultrasound to check out the anatomy of little miss and make sure all insides are growing like they should. Heart, kidneys, bones, stomach, brain, etc all look great! She is measuring within a day of her due date and is already on the tall side of the charts! The battle has already started between Brett and I...which I of course will win!



This ultrasounds was AMAZING to watch. After looking over everything she wanted to get a profile of her, only to catch a few minutes of her really dancing around! She was all over the place and almost did a back flip for us, both the tech and I got a good laugh. Plus because of the location of my placenta (towards the back) I can feel EVERYTHING. I'm being kicked, elbowed, and headbutted at all times of the day. Brett felt a few kicks last night, pretty sure shes already done him in. He was pretty excited.  The tech got a great pic of her smiling mouth wide open...I love it. She for sure has Brett's nose and lips!


I am head over heals for her already and I can't wait for January!

Comments

Popular Posts