Well well well...

If you read my last post you'll know that Brett and I have been trying to have a baby for the past year and a half. In May we were supposed to start our first cycle of clomid. I was instructed to call my doctor on the first day of my cycle which would then be when we start the pills. On Memorial day I was about two days late, which isn't out of the ordinary so I didn't think much of it. But I had a pregnancy test so I figured I would just use it. I set it down and left the room because I was 100% sure I wasn't pregnant. Brett came in and about a minute later he yelled, "um...Amber!" I was really really sure I wasn't pregnant so when he said that I thought he was joking (he's not that mean I don't know why I would think he would do that but I just knew I wasn't prego) so I sid, "Brett that's not funny, it's been a year and half don't joke." I walked toward the bathroom and he said he wasn't joking, he started to smile and showed me the test which said "YES+." I screamed and started bawling. I'm not sure I've ever hugged Brett that tight! I really just couldn't believe it. My sister in law Steph has been staying with us and came running in, and poor Jaris was so confused! Once I calmed down he asked my why I was crying and I just told him I passed a test and that mommy is really happy!


We were supposed to be heading to my parents for a Memorial Day bbq and luckily Taylor was in town! I wanted to tell my family before extended family got there but we got sidetracked at our house when the pet store down the street caught on fire. So I was planning to tell them all after however everyone kept trying to make me drink so I had to tell them individually! Brett's other sister was coming in town a couple days later so we waited to tell them in person.




We waited to tell JT until everyone had left town and it was just us 3. He has been asking for a brother or sister for the longest time (remember when he asked for a sister for his birthday, no pressure right?) so we were so excited to tell him.


I had my first doctors appointment and everything looks great.We are officially due January 26th! We are so excited and I'm ready for these 7 months to fly by. I think I'm most excited to see Jaris as a big brother. I KNOW he will be amazing. Cannot wait for those future days! And yes we will be finding out if it's a boy or a girl...I'm too much of a planner!

And now a catch up!

As much as I love snow and cold weather, I really love when it starts to warm up. It means being outside, fun activities, and that lake time is finally here. I could seriously be at the lake every day. The local strawberry patch opened up and I know they go fast so I took JT out right away. Brett had practice so Steph came with us. It was on a beautiful farm, big white house with a wrap around porch, a couple of cows, chickens, a pond...aka my dream. I didn't want to leave. Jaris of course went straight for their dog. If there is a dog in sight, Jaris needs to love on it.  He had fun picking strawberries and it was a gorgeous night! We will definitely be back. 






Brett, Jaris, and I headed out to the trail to get a run in and let Jaris ride his bike. He rode over two miles! So proud of him, he loved racing us and when there was a snake in the middle of the sidewalk he got a good laugh out of watching me run and scream like a crazy person. Jaris rode right on passed it and we were behind him when Brett saw it..I was about to step right on it when he said something, Luckily Brett stopped me and with lightening speed I ran around it. Screaming. 


Jaris had his last day of preschool! He had such a great first year and I couldn't be more proud. The preschool and teachers were amazing and we are truly blessed Jaris was able to attend and gets to go back in August. This coming year he will be going three days a week to the same preschool and then on other two days he'll be at Veritas Christian School doing their K-Quest program. A double dose of kindergarten prep...ahh scary!



sorry about the blue teeth/mouth lol!
Family time!







Swimming season is finally here!






Jaris started blastball with his best buddy Harrison, so funny to watch these two!



And last but not least...
I am now co-coach for the Veritas cheerleaders! The girls are really excited and I'm excited to freshen things up. Last year they were doing cheers that my mom did when she was in middle school! I've got all new cheers for them to learn and they are pumped. I'll be starting stunting with them and really stepping up their game. They've done a great job so far learning the new cheers! I think they were (and maybe still) a little over whelmed but they really are doing great and I think the crowd is going to be so surprised at how awesome they are!

Comments

Popular Posts