Nashville!

This weekend Brett and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary in Nashville! We usually don't do much, last year we went to Chicago which was the first time we'd done anything big and we kind of want to continue to get away for the weekend. No matter what is going on I really feel like we need to take the time away from busy schedules along with everything else and really give the day the attention it deserves. We each had a free flight and Brett and I had both been wanting to go to Nashville so we decided to head there. We found out a couple of days later that the CMA Music Festival was going on the same weekend we were going to be there! We immediately got tickets to the big concert and planned everything out. 

What a fun and crazy busy weekend! My sister Taylor came with us, she loves country music like we do and really wanted to go. We got in on Friday and downtown Nashville was blocked off and had about 7 different stages all in walking distance. Plus every bar had bands (and some of those bars were 3 stories and had a different band on each level) there was music literally every where you went! The stages downtown had up and coming artists and at night there was the big event at LP Stadium. I'm so glad we got tickets for this...it was 4 nights of HUGE names and so much fun. We missed the first night of  Jason Alden, Alan Jackson, Sam Hunt, and Rascal Flatts but the second night was even better! The Band Perry, Randy Houser, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, and Luke Bryan! Each artist came on and sang about 4 or 5 of their best songs, bands switched and on to the next. The stadium was PACKED and the weather was a perfect 75 degrees. After the concert we just wondered around downtown checking out the bars and then hit the hay.


ZAC BROWN BAND

LADY ANTEBELLUM


LUKE BRYAN


Saturday we got out and ate lunch at Rippy's, went from stage to stage, visited all the vendors around, and did some shopping.  There is so much to do, play areas for kiddos, food trucks of all kinds, jewelry vendors, tour buses to tour, clothing vendors, gifts galore, and on and on. We took a quick rest at the hotel and headed out for dinner. 

Lunch and live music, what's better?




I want a banjo. I was actually pretty good!

Perfect food truck for me! *just two of those are for me lol*


We wanted to get a little outside of the downtown bar food to see where the locals go and we ended up at a place called The Row. So. So. Good. I had chicken fried chicken served on mashed potatoes topped with white gravy and onion straws. I think that may be every pregnant girls dream. It was awesome! Brett got a cheeseburger with bacon and egg, drizzled in maple syrup. I was a little iffy about the syrup but holy moly it was unreal! I'm pretty sure we could've all just gone straight back to the hotel and fallen into a food coma. That night the big names were Chris Young, Brett Eldredge, Thomas Rhett, Little Big Town, and Carrie Underwood. Another fantastic night of music, so so fun. We went out to a fun bar called the Tin Roof, did a little dancing and then called it a night. I couldn't take off anymore days of work so we had to head back home on Sunday and miss the last day of the big concert but we sold our tickets and got some money back. 

Mouth is watering.




I will always choose ice cream over alcohol, pregnant or not!



CHIS YOUNG

LITTLE BIG TOWN

CARRIE UNDERWOOD


Before we left we had been staying with my parents while our bedroom floors were being refinished. We had slept in our basement Monday and Tuesday, my parents house Wed and Thursday, and a hotel bed over the weekend. Our floors were done when we got back so we were able to put the house back in order and it's never felt so good to sleep in our bed! We missed JT like crazy so it was good to be home. fyi our floors look awesome, hidden under carpet for many years and in perfect shape!


Got to take a fun flow in the dark bath when we got home!


Happy Anniversary to my husband of 7 years. Thank you for planning such a fun trip and for taking time out of your busy schedule for us. Every day together is something new, something fun, and something challenging. I cannot wait for the year ahead as we expand our family and welcome another baby. Thank you for always keeping me on my toes and choosing me to grow old with.


Can't wait for next year!

Comments

Popular Posts