Transformations

Way back in September Brett told me about an event that one of his clients did and she thought I would be interested in doing it. It was called the Transformations Charity Gala. It is a pageant style competition (evening gown, talent, and question) for 10 local women to compete for a local charity of their choice. Who doesn't want to be in a pageant once in their life right?! And all for a good cause!
But the BEST part is...each of the 10 contestants were paired with a female impersonator (aka drag queen) coach! Each contestant would be put in full drag queen make up, hair, etc. This was right up my alley!! I applied and somehow I was chosen as one of the 10 lucky women!

We had our first meeting in October and I was paired up with the fabulously fierce Monique Hart. Over the next few months we had some fun photo shoots, I practiced my walk, talent, and learned my charity as best as I could.  We had no idea what the other contestants were doing for their talent until the day of, which added that much more pressure! 

The show had an opening number, then on to the evening gown, talent, final 5, question, and winner.  In between our coaches would perform for the audience. I can't even begin to tell you how fun the entire show was. We got there on Saturday morning and between the 10 contestants and 20 or so drag queens the entire day was hilarious! The real show was back stage! Queens, panty hose, wigs, make-up, high heels, dresses flying everywhere. The conversations were fantastic!

I think this sums up the dressing room pretty well...missing from the photo is all the wigs, dresses, and alcohol!
I loved being around every. single. person. Everyone was so encouraging, nice and helpful, it was like one big happy family all here for a good cause and we were happy no matter who won! I was so nervous every time I hit the stage but I would do the entire day again every year if I could! Amazing people, amazing charities, and amazing memories made. I hope to stay in contact with all the ladies!

Thank you to all my family and friends for the support, texts, calls, pictures, purchasing tickets, etc. You have no idea how much all of that means to me! I can't wait to be in the audience next year!

Thank you to OH SNAP! PHOTOGRAPHY for OH SNAP! photos below...All can be seen here!

Our opening number was disco theme...

before...


after!!

Ready to open the show and get started! How fabulous is my coach?!?!

 Another contestant, my fro twin. Her disco outfit was my favorite!

Ready to get it started!
After the opening number we changed into our evening gown. My gown was made by one of the other coaches...Mulan. I picked it because red is the color of Cooper's Cause and it reminded me of Dorothy's ruby red slippers! And my hair is a piece made specifically for me by my coach.

Fyi...the earrings were literally super glued to my ear. Yup. Super glued.



Pretty fabulous looking group of ladies!
Then came talent. My hidden talent is rapping. Random I know but for some reason I'm pretty good! Nobody in previous years had done it and so I obviously had to be the first! I did a mash up of Nicki Minaj's Super Bass and Iggy Azalea's Fancy.

I got a FANTASTIC intro from Monique!




Like a true diva I had to do an outfit change to convert from Nicki to Iggy...duh!


After our talent we changed back into our gown and hit the stage to have the top 5 announced.  I LOVED my hair (wig)! I told Monique she was going to have to fight me to get it back!


My favorite performance of the night...4 of the coaches including mine (2nd from the left)!



Somehow I made it in to the top 5! I couldn't believe it...and what I love about the pictures below is how excited the other girls are. I was the last of the 5 to be called and they are still so pumped. They are all truly awesome ladies!



We immediately had to answer a question about our charity from one of the judges. I was more nervous for this part than any of the others. I wanted to make sure that I represented Cooper's Cause well and got their message across. I think I did that!




I didn't bring home a win but another fantastic charity did and I had so much fun from start to finish. I got in the top 5 and that in itself is pretty awesome.  I had a fantastic support system and I cannot wait to continue my support of this amazing event! 





I promise I'm not pregnant, it's just the sleeve on my dress that makes it look that way!


Seriously considering going blonde :) 


Comments

Popular Posts