Behind and lots to catch up on!

I'm so behind and we've been busy lately so I'll pick up where we left off and give a mini
summary of everything!
 
Jaris is potty trained!  We decided to use the "3 Day Method" for training and we did it the last weekend of September.  After following the book to a "T" by the end of the second day Brett and I were ready to give up.  Most boys don't get it until around 2 1/2-3 years old and he wasn't even 2 1/2 yet so I thought we will just try again in a a couple of months.  Brett said lets give it the 3rd day and decide after that.  He did great on the 3rd day!  We decided that we would keep him home from day care for the rest of that week and continue working with him at home.  By the end of the week he was good!  I'm so proud of him and love watching him accomplish something so exciting!  I said, "I'm so proud of you" at least 1,000 times during training that he started saying it back to me when he would go, it was hilarious! We had our first venture outside the house for my birthday dinner and he was accident free!  Nights are good as long as I wake him up to go at some point throughout the night because he drinks water before bed every night, a habit I just can't break.  He's so funny when I wake him up, he's half asleep on the potty, head resting on my shoulder and he whispers every time, "it's coming."  And then he goes right back to sleep!  He did great when he stayed the weekend in Tulsa with no accidents and this past weekend he had tummy issues and made about 4,000 trips to the potty for #2 (sorry tmi) but he didn't have a single accident...very proud momma!  Being diaper free is soooo nice!



 We went to the American Royal Rodeo!  We would go as kids every once in a while and it was always fun and we wanted to get Jaris out of the house since we had been couped up potty training.  The Budweiser Clydesdale's were there as well as the dalmatian, you couldn't touch them but they were beautiful!  They had a petting zoo, a bounce house, roping bails, and even a mechanical bull which of course I had to ride.  Last time I rode one I was intoxicated and celebrating my bachelorette party, needless to say I didn't stay on long this time but Jaris got a kick out of it!  About half way through the rodeo Jaris was over it but he made it to the bull riding part which they always save until the end and liked that.






 A quick shout out to the hubs: my grandpa made me a doll cradle when I was little.  We were very very close and when he passed away unexpectedly when I was 11 I put it away so I could keep it forever.  It had gotten beat up a little bit from playing with it and I had stuck a ninja turtle sticker on the end :) and so I had asked Brett years ago to fix it up.  Well he did it in secret and it looks great, it means more to me than he'll ever know.



Had fun at Late Night even though it was super hot.




My favorite fall tradition is going to the pumpkin patch.  Shaake's is amazing, it was really fun this year to watch Jaris search for and pick out his pumpkin.  He went with a baby green pumpkin, made me smile.  Just like last year he really loved the tractors and was pumped to ride them.  I'm really excited to watch him trick-or-treat this year, last year he did good but I think he will really be eager this year.  I went with another "duo" costume so that Maisy could be apart of it and I'm hoping it's as cute as I'm envisioning!










Every year Brett and I try to make a Cowboys game down in Arlington.  It gives us a chance to get out of town for the weekend and have some couple time.  This year we decided to drive down and drop Jaris off in Tulsa so he could stay with his cousins.  He had a BLAST and I know he didn't even think of us the whole time, which is fine I'm glad he had fun!



Brett and I drove down to Fort Worth very early Saturday morning to make it to the KU/TCU game.  Personally, I love road trips but Brett is not a fan.  I know I made it even more enjoyable by singing for him the whole way :)  We met our friend Neil and his girlfriend Mallory, along with Brett's dad for the game.  Of course it had to be the HOTTEST day of fall, with no cloud coverage, and we were sitting on metal bleachers.  Just walking up the steps to our seat was enough to make me sweat all of my make up off and uncurl my hair.  It was 102 and HUMID.  People were fainting!  It was nuts so we ended up watching from the concourse area of the stadium along with the rest of the fans!


We were staying with Neil so we headed back to their house, we were suppose to go out that night.  I never have been that girl that likes to "go out."  I'm a homebody when it comes to the night life!  So secretly I was hoping something else would come up...and thankfully it did!  Neil's sister came over, she and Mallory had been working on a 2,000 piece puzzle over the past few weeks and got me sucked in.  Yes puzzling...and after a few glasses of wine and pizza it was too late to go out so we stayed home.  It was actually a lot of fun to talk about old high school stuff, kids, husbands and married stuff with adults and be in comfy clothes while doing it! 
We headed into Arlington the next day and went straight to our favorite for lunch.  Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory.  I have been craving this like a pregnant lady forever so I was running in the door.  Brett even got a second plate!  We got some tortillas to go and they were gone by the second day we were home, other tortillas just do not compare!  I'm now trying to figure out how I can open one here in town :)


We went to Brett's aunt's house, I slept off my food coma and then we headed to the game.  Brett's aunt is a season ticket holder and has been gracious enough to give us tickets every year and we are so thankful that she does, we love going.  This year one of my sisters old friends started working for the Cowboys and so I sent her a text saying we would be there and would love to say hi.  Not only did we say hi but she got us passes to the Miller Lite Club.  Field level suites behind the Cowboy's bench.  Brett and I were there early so there was no one standing in front of us and it was awesome!  We were about 10 feet away from the players, had full on bar service, and watched the end of a press conference with Roger Goodell.  It was a whole new game day experience and it was awesome!  We went up to our seats at the start of the 4th quarter, we both got a little tired from standing.  Thank you Jenna it was so fun!  We left Monday morning to pick up JT and headed home.




Heading into my busy season with photography.  Trying to get all the clutter out of the house, I hate having stuff around I don't use, I don't keep anything so a yard sale is in our near future.  All of the rooms are done except the basement.  Jaris started his gymnastics class again and still only likes to run up and down the trampoline.  Getting excited for Halloween!  That's all for now!

Comments

Unknown said…
No diapers!!! That is awesome!! Must be nice! Love reading your blog, thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts