Where has the time gone?!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've had time to post! We've been so busy lately which means this is going to be a long post...let's start where we left off.

After Memorial Day we took a trip down to Texas to visit Brett's family.  Kelly and the boys went with us and we packed a lot into the few days we were there but we had a great time.











Always screaming! lol


I could photograph horses ALL day




This kiddo LOVES dogs, he can't get enough of them



Love these 3 together

Screaming again

Drive thru safari fun!


He has no fear






The next weekend we had Jaris baptized!  We attend a church where they just do a "child dedication" however I come from a Catholic background and so it was important to me for him to actually be baptized.  It was a great day, he was up with the rest of the babies waving away to our family and trying to give them kisses from afar.  It was so hard not laugh.  We had family over afterward for some appetizers. It was a great day!

 

Giving mommy a kiss

waving lol



Jaris is growing and learning so much every day.  It amazes me to just watch him play and explore his toys and surroundings. It's so cute! He is just such a little nerd, I wish I could follow him around with a video camera.  He makes crazy sounds and faces (which he gets from me), he loves to dance, he laughs at himself and random things, he can never leave Maisy alone, loves to "drive" his cars around, and loves the water.  Swimming has become my favorite thing to do with him.  He LOVES being in the water.  We swam a lot when we were in Texas and that's when I could tell that he really liked it.  We went out on the family boat for the 4th of July and he was laughing and splashing in the water with me.  He cried when we got out!  He was such a trooper on the boat...he actually took a really good nap while we were anchored.  I'll be making frequent trips to the pool every day I have off!

It doesn't get any cuter.











I've had my hands full with him, he is all over the place and he is fast!  He is running everywhere and in to everything there is.  He's got so much energy yet he stops for 5 seconds to snuggle or give a kiss or hug and it melts me.  This is my favorite age so far! 



Every time he falls he just lays there and doesn't move.  It's hilarious!




I've also been super busy with photography.  I just did my last wedding (insert very loud "woo hoo") and I'll be doing my 3rd shoot with Fortuity next Sunday! I love working with them and it's awesome to see my photos in local magazines.


In the midst of our everyday craziness, Brett's grandpa (papa) became very ill.  We lost him Friday June 29th.  I was lucky enough to have had him in my life for the past 12 years and we will miss him terribly.  I'm so happy that he was able to see and know Jaris even if only for one year, I know that means the world to Brett.  He was a true Jayhawk, a gentleman, and the best story teller I knew, but most of all he was an amazing family man.




That's all for now, I'm off to bed!!

Comments

Popular Posts