Behind...so behind!

Jaris had his 6 month check-up at the beginning of November and his stats are...

...17 pounds 4 ounces...still a little guy
...27 1/4 inches long...a whopping 1/4 inches in the last 2 months lol
...2 teeth still and another one on the bottom about to come through any day
Healthy and happy overall!

Shots generally haven't been much of a problem for us, however 6 month shots took quite a little toll on him.  His legs were so tender I hated to change his diaper because he would start crying every time I tried to get his pants up and down :(  He would drink a bottle, sleep, be awake for 30 mins max and then repeat. For an entire day and a half he was like that, it was so sad.  Here is what Jaris has been up to in the past few months...

...rolls all over the place
...sitting up by himself better, but not quite there yet
...does get up on all fours but generally scoots backwards instead of forwards
...eats all sorts of solids no problem and seems to like them all
...wants to grab EVERYTHING and everything goes directly into the mouth
...cries himself to sleep which is a whole 5 mins max, not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be
...consistently sleeps for 12 hours and always through the night
...is interested in everything and every noise, I love watching him explore and learn
...talks/yells with excitement all the time and is loud.  Very loud.
...loves the "hot diggity dog" song from Mickey Mouse Club. So much so that when he hears it he will find where it's coming from, it's actually quite funny.
...doesn't like when people leave the room
...likes to be held standing up so he can bounce up and down and really loves his Johnny Jumper still
...went to his first Baker game and KU basketball game (which I don't have pictures from because I was working)
...really likes ceiling fans, watching other kids, and watching Maisy, they all make him smile
...holds his own bottle for awhile but then gets tired of it...trying a sippy cup soon

I know I say this every update but he is always just so happy and I just want to kiss his little face all day! He is really a good baby and lights up the room where ever he goes.  We are so blessed.

We are pretty much settled into our new home and let me tell you I do not miss town-home/apartment life!  The house looks great but we still have plenty to do.  Maisy doesn't like the backyard quite yet.  She is still use to being an apartment dog and being with us, so when do put her outside she just whines to be inside which is fine with me because I like her with us! But overall it's been great and we love it.

Photography is starting to slow down.  I have two big projects to finish (a wedding and a multi-family shoot) and then some family projects.  I honestly am looking forward to the break, as much as I love doing it, editing in the back office night after night gets old.  Fast.

Really excited for Christmas this year, my sister is coming home and it's going to be so cute watching Jaris open gifts.  I've pretty much got my shopping done for him and I already know what I'm getting Brett so that saves some time but now I actually have to buy it!

That's all I've got for now, I've got to get to bed!  Here are photos and videos...











Looks like my momma!





Watch out ladies!







Playing with papa!

(Don't forget to mute the music!)






PS..the song that's playing "Any Lucky Penny" is one of my all time favorites.  It's a great addition to your iPod, it just puts me in a good mood.

Comments

Popular Posts