Just Some Notes.

One of my favorite things about being a mom is watching my kids' personalities take shape. And it's funny to see how different two kids can be! Jaris was pretty much a model baby. Ate everything, transitioned to big boy things super easy, never threw fits, etc. Landry is the COMPLETE opposite. I can count on one hand how many things she eats. She throws fits, usually out in public of course and doesn't seem to know what "shh" means! I don't even want to begin to think about putting her in a big girl bed or starting potty training. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot more exhausting than it was with JT!

Jaris

He has always been quick with smart aleck answers or responses but I feel like he's even better and it's getting him in trouble at home a lot. He's very much in the "I think I have the answer for everything/I know everything" stage and Brett and myself are ready to move on! Sometimes it's hard not to laugh because some of his responses are quite funny!

For awhile now when Brett and I love his room we always have to say "goodnight, love you, see you in the morning, sweet dreams!" Jaris and I also have our own little routine when I kiss him goodnight. Kiss, Eskimo kiss, then we tap our foreheads together (Jaris used to ask to do that all the time, he called it "up high), and then we blow on each others necks making tooting sounds. Boys! Most recently we've been having to check for bad guys as well.


Landry

She is talking so much more now and I love her little squeaky voice. I feel like over the last 3 months she has really grown verbally. Some of my favorites...

"Hey mommy! What you doing?"

"Don't worry I'll help you," or "I got you."

"Mommy I missed you!"

"Come and get me!"

"Do you wanna go to Target."

She is starting to work the night time system. She has been fussing herself to sleep over the last couple of weeks which isn't normal for her. She does this super sweet thing now where she has to give everyone (including Maisy) a big hug, a big kiss on the lips, then she will grab your cheeks and turn your head kissing one cheek and then the other, then will kiss your forehead, and then the top of your head. And then of course "nose-ies" or an Eskimo kiss. I LOVE IT. The problem is she wants to do 10 more times after shes been put in her crib. And it's hard to say no when she crying and yelling "big kiss please!" It's so pitiful.


We are starting to pack up the house, slowly but surely. Such a sad process! We should be in Georgia by July. Just in time to head to Florida for our vacation!

Comments

Popular Posts