I can't get enough!

I love the ages my kids are at right now. Years 3 and 4 were rough with JT, he's finally coming out of that and really starting to grow up. Conversations with him have always been entertaining but they are starting to become more in depth and personal. He is adjusting to his school schedule pretty well. Lunch was a little bit of a challenge starting off because he has 5 minutes of quite time. And if you know Jaris you know how hard that can be for him! Nothing a little sticker chart can't solve! For every good lunch he gets a sticker and we haven't had a problem since. Brett takes him to school and then he goes to football practice with him after school, except on Mondays and Wednesdays when he has marathon club. He has no idea what the point of marathon club is but he knows he gets to run run and run and get a t-shirt at the end. So far hes ran over 12 miles! And he loves going to football practice with Brett. He likes to run the sprints at the end with all the boys and coaches, he's like their little brother out there and he loves every second. He really likes to come home and show us all his work from school and what he's learned. He's obsessed with writing his alphabet every day and works really hard to keep learning. Basketball has officially started for him and he loves it. He has never been an assertive kid so practice has been a little bit of a challenge when it comes to scrimmaging so I'm anxious to see how his first game goes!



Landry is 9 months and a compete nut. She is constantly making us laugh with her random screams of excitement and her little personality. She is definitely going to keep us on our toes as she's already a feisty one. Screaming just to hear the sound of her voice is one of her favorite things to do. She's always talking and singing, saying "mama" and "baba baba." I love to see her personality developing and how much of a goofball she is already. I'm so thankful for my extra days at home with her.

9 month stats...
Weighs: 19 lbs 9 oz.
Length: 28.75"




This last few months have been completely insane for me. I've really stretched myself thin and feel a little like hot mess! Work has been crazy...luckily it's not a take home job, so when I leave I don't have to worry about it. Then there's Simply Sweet Design which has been so busy. I've had photo shoots out the wazoo. On the weekends and after work when I don't have cheer practice, 3 senior shoots and a family shoot in the last 2 weeks alone. Which means HOURS of editing. Hours upon hours at night after the kids go down. And 2 interior design consulting jobs. Then there's my position as part time Developmental Director at Veritas. I have been given the HUGE task of Wood for Good projects for our biggest fundraiser of the year, Barn Party. This project is 6 wood projects (one for 7-12 grades), the students must build, paint, and create a project from wood to be auctioned off. These projects go for thousands of dollars...not a task to be taken lightly. It's my main source of stress right now! My mission trip to Haiti is fast approaching and I'm trying to get everything I need for that. Which means a lot of paperwork, making sure donations get through, getting the paperwork I need to get my passport, and church meetings. And last but not least, cheerleading. Friday night games and practice after work and working on our biggest performance for our Late Night in November. After hours of editing photos in the basement I then flip on our song and choreograph what I can while also choreographing a fun routine for our basketball boys to "perform". Which basically means I'm not in bed much before 1 or 2 in the morning.
Throw in a busy 5 year old, an even busier 9 month old, daily school things, and husband who isn't home much and you've got one exhausted mama. Drained. My brain is so fried, my to do list is 100 miles long and I'm not sure if I'm going left or right! After November I'm getting a long massage and a facial...and big glass of wine.

 *And in case you're wondering how I have time to blog...I've been writing this post for 3 weeks now over my lunch (insert crazy lady laugh here)!*

Comments

Popular Posts