Fall

We are almost to Thanksgiving and I cannot believe it. Life never seems to slow down and ever week I find myself thinking the next week will be less busy but it never happens. Jaris has started and is doing great his first year of middle school. I thought it was going to be a much harder adjustment but so far he's made it easy for all of us. He is liking all of his teachers and moving from room to room. He's making new friends and growing up so fast. 


He can't play football for school yet and we wanted him to be ready for tackle so this year instead of 7v7 we moved to city league tackle. It was...a big change to say the least. Definitely a learning year for our boys and coaches but it was fun and they should be well prepared for seventh grade!










He finished fall baseball and had a great season as our short-stop. Our coaches used the fall to develop the players and put them in positions they weren't used to playing and JT killed it at short and pitcher (which always makes me nervous)!




Landry is moving right along in first grade. She is quite the entertainer in class and likes to make kids laugh. I've been really proud of how she's matured and handled some new things. I've volunteered a few times and had lunch with her quite a bit, which I always love doing.







She finished another season with the Wolfpack and this year she was a totally different cheerleader! Last year she was sleepy, shy, and just not very peppy. This year she was full of attitude and confidence. She still had her moments but it was so fun to watch her this year!






We just wrapped up our soccer season and she LOVED playing goalie. She's always been drawn to the defensive side of the game so this was a natural fit.



We have stayed busy in between with town events, concerts with friends, and all the kid things possible. 












We redid Jaris' room and he loves how it turned out. I think it's going to be easy for him to grow into his teen years in this room and it was fun to have him apart of the process. We did a sports photo shelf and he picked out all of this prints. I'm anxious to see how they change over the years.





Things to remember:

Landry quotes....

Mom I want to be you, do you know why? Because you're the best mom ever.

Mom I've been thinking and I think you're the best mom ever. Because you've been taking care of me.

Don't forget that I said your the best mom every. And if you forget I'll tell you again. 

I've been wanting to layout in the backyard and enjoy the weather. It's such a nice day outside. I'm going to get a towel and a snack.

Me, are you excited to get balloons? Landry, I'm excited to go anywhere with you mom."

Mom I got you if you need a parking spot. You got the right girl, I got a smart brain! Mommy you have the love brain, daddy has the strong brain, and JT has a big brain. 

Why do I look so good in these pictures?

She still says the word animal as "aminals" and it's too cute to correct.

Comments

Popular Posts